Cabot House wants you to have a fun college experience. In our current, ever-changing environment, we have to follow college guidance regarding student gatherings. We will try to remain current with college & university guidance and hope to offer more options to students as soon as they become available.
As of the 2021-22 year, our policies will be drawn from this guidance: https://www.harvard.edu/coronavirus/campus-access/event-information/
Also remember that Cabot House is a community of people living in close-quarters, so we must work together and respect each other.
But first: please note these numbers & policies
CABOT EMERGENCY NUMBERS
TUTOR ON CALL #: 617-512-6088
HUPD EMERGENCY LINE: 617-495-1212
HUHS 24-HOUR URGENT CARE: 617-495-5711
OPERATIONS CENTER: 617-495-5560 (TELL TUTOR TOO)
CABOT SECURITY SU-FR 4PM -8AM: 617-496-2344
Quiet Hours are designed to help students and staff study and sleep, while also maintaining a fun college life.
- Sunday through Thursday, Quiet Hours are in effect from 10pm-10am
- Friday and Saturday, Quiet Hours are in effect from 2am-10am
- During Reading Period, Quiet Hours are 10pm-10am and all events must be quiet gatherings for student groups, not private parties
- During Finals Period, Quiet Hours are 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. No events are permitted in the House.
Gathering information for 2021-22:
- Maximum occupancy for non-sponsored indoor gatherings and events may not exceed 10 persons. Larger gatherings must be University sponsored and supervised.
- Face coverings must be worn by all participants.
- Under no circumstances may fire safety or occupancy limits be exceeded.
- Eating and drinking at INDOOR events and gatherings is only allowed at University Sponsored, supervised events.
- Vaccinated individuals are no longer required to observe physical distancing. Unvaccinated individuals should strive to maintain a distance of 6 feet apart.
If you would like to have a gathering past 10 p.m. which would have 10 people, please get in touch with the tutor on-call to fill out a private event registration form.
Your Cabot staff most of all wants you to be safe. You should always feel free to call on tutors and /or HUPD if you have any questions or concerns.